Last Modified: June 7, 2021
Elysian complies with privacy laws like the California Consumer Privacy Act (herein called the “CCPA”). The CCPA defines the privacy rights and how companies have to treat and protect the Personal Data and privacy of California residents. Elysian will apply these protections to all its visitors, users, customers, applicants and partners. In cases where these regulations differ, Elysian will adhere to the regulation that offers the higher degree of protection.
Personal Information We Collect
The Elysian Websites and Elysian Services provide many different services and information to you. To deliver or provision these services and to provide you with the best experience possible while using our systems, we collect certain information from you.
Information You Give Us
While accessing or using the Elysian Websites and Elysian Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your first and last name
- Your address (or general location)
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone number
- Your photo
- Your sensory data (including visual, audio, and video)
- Your date of birth
- Your emergency contact details
- Your age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, veteran or military status
- Your disabilities or other health-related restrictions
- Your records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered
- Your other purchasing histories or tendencies
- Your utility bills
- Your insurance claimant name and contact information
- Your lease information, rental history, and rent amount
- Your education, university or school attended, diploma, and other CV information
- Your employment history, job title, pay history, and income
- Your net worth
- Your wire transfer instructions
- Your investment experience and risk tolerance
- Source of your subscription funds
- Your user/account name
- Your social security number
- Your tax identification number
- Your driver’s license number
- Your passport number
- Your identity card
- Your student card
- Your resident identification number
- Your bank account number
- Your credit card number
- Your rent payment details
- Your insurance policy number
- Your credit history
- Your sanctions and politically exposed persons (“PEP”) screening results
- Your other financial and tax documentations
- Your use of our websites, including your browsing history, search history, internet protocol address, cookie identification number, interaction with a website, and internet postings
- Your personal interest
- The properties you are interested in
- Your property move-in date
- The price range of property you are interested in
- The property unit size you are interested in
- Your property lease term
- How you hear about us
- Whether you have lived in one of our properties in the past
- Our property you have lived in the past
- The comments you provided while accessing or using our websites or services
- Your subscription to Elysian Living’s newsletter
- The career position you are interested in
- Your location
Information from Other Sources
When you access or use an account associated with the Elysian Websites and Elysian Services on or through a social media platform, such as Facebook, Google, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or TikTok, we collect the Personal Information that you make available to us on that social media page or account, including your user ID and/or username, and any information you have made public in connection with that social media service. Please note, however, that these platforms have their own privacy policies. Elysian will only collect and store such Personal Information that we are permitted to collect by these social media platforms.
Automatically Collected Information
Some information is automatically received and sometimes collected from you when you access or use the Elysian Websites and Elysian Services. The following lists the most common information that is automatically received or collected:
- The name of the domain and host from which you access the internet, including the internet protocol (IP) address of the device you are using and/or the IP address of your Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- The MAC Address, manufacturer and model of devices used to interact with the Elysian Websites and Elysian Services;
- The name and version of our online services or mobile applications you access or use
- The name and version of operating system and internet browser software you use;
- Website visited before or after you access or use the Elysian Websites and Elysian Services;
- The date and time you access or use the Elysian Websites and Elysian Services, the length of your stay, and the specific pages that you visited while accessing or using the Elysian Websites and Elysian Services;
- Information concerning the country of origin of your device and the language(s) used by it;
- Geolocation data; and
- Certain data from cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, and other technologies (“Cookies”), including the web pages you access on our websites and third party websites.
We use this information to monitor the usage of the Elysian Websites and Elysian Services, assess performance, ensure technological compatibility with your device, and understand the relative importance of the information provided through the Elysian Websites and Elysian Services. We may also use this data to conduct statistical analyses on visitors’ usage patterns and other aggregated data.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Here is an incomplete list of examples of how we use the data we collect:
- To provide property tours,
- To contact prospective residents,
- To collect and process applications or contracts,
- To communicate with you regarding your application or account,
- To perform credit checks, background checks, or other screenings,
- To process payments,
- To communicate with residents about rent payments,
- To perform debt collection,
- To provide maintenance or other on-site services,
- To manage our property,
- To communicate with you about our properties and promotions,
- To conduct resident surveys,
- To detect security incidents,
- To protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity,
- To ensure the safety of our residents,
- To allow you to apply to job opportunities,
- To provide customer support,
- For derivative advertising,
- For location-based advertising,
- To monitor the usage of our websites and services,
- To detect, assess, prevent and address technical and performance issues,
- To conduct statistical analyses on visitors’ usage patterns and other aggregated data,
- To deliver to you relevant advertising from use of demographic and preference information such that advertising related to our websites and services is targeted to the users for whom they are most pertinent,
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send,
We will store your information only for as long as we need to use your information for the above purposes or as required by law.
Online Payments/Credit Card Information Security
Elysian is very concerned with the security of your credit card and payment data. For that reason we do not capture, process or store any credit card related information on Elysian’s systems.
When you access or use the Elysian Websites and Elysian Services, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested.
Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as pixels and beacons) are comprised of small bits of data that often include a de-identified or anonymous unique identifier. Our websites send this data to your browser when you first request a web page and then store the data on your computer so the websites can access information when you make subsequent requests for pages from that service. We may use these technologies to collect and store information about your access or use of the Elysian Websites and Elysian Services (such as the pages you have visited, content you have viewed, search queries you have run, and advertisements you have seen), which information is then used to understand your preferences so as to enable us to provide you with improved services in future visits, and to compile aggregate data about website traffic and interactions so that we can offer better experiences and tools in the future.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. Additional cookie-related information is available at https://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features, content, or personalization available through the Elysian Websites.
We may utilize email tracking systems that provide us with data such as who opened or forwarded an email, the time it was opened, and whether the reader clicked certain links within the email.
We, as well as third-party vendors acting on our behalf (such as Google), may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies), third-party cookies, or other third-party identifiers to gather anonymous analytics and statistics about our websites and how they are being used by our visitors so we can improve our websites and services. Our web server storage logs may collect the domain names, internet protocol addresses, the types of web browsers, and certain data of visitors to our websites.
Data about your activities online may be collected for use in providing advertising tailored to your individual interests, either by us, our affiliates, or third parties. We may work with third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve advertisements across the internet and may use third party analytics service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of these ads on third party websites and viewing of ads and of our content.
We and these third-party vendors, including Google, may use third-party technologies together with our own first party technologies in order to analyze ad impressions, your use of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services. The information collected may also include information about your visits to our websites, the pages you have viewed, and what content you have seen or interacted with. These third-party tracking technologies may be set to, among other things: (a) help deliver advertisements to you that you might be interested in; (b) prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times; and (c) understand the effectiveness of the advertisements that have been delivered to you.
Most browsers are set up to accept Cookies. If you want to change your cookie preferences, you can do so through your browser settings or by updating your cookie preferences, where applicable, when you enter any of our websites. You can opt out of certain advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative consumer opt out page at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/, by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout, or by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page at https://www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note that at this time we do not respond to browser-based “do not track” signals.
How We Store Your Information
Personal information received by Elysian from you or third parties may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where we or our service providers maintain facilities.
How We Share Your Information
Information about our visitors, users, customers, applicants, and partners is an important part of our business. We share personal information only as described below.
We may disclose your personal information to our affiliated companies as necessary to communicate with you, provide you services, fulfill our contract with you and to accomplish our business purposes.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals, such as payment processors, contractors, vendors, or distributors, to facilitate our services, provide the services on our behalf, perform services-related services or assist us in analyzing how our services are used (“Service Providers”). These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose to third parties or use it for any other purpose and are additionally required to keep it confidential.
Service providers employed fall into the following categories:
- Payment processors
- Website hosting services
- Research and analytics services
- On-site services providers
- Benefits provider
- Financial, identity and other legal checks services
- Professional advice providers
We may disclose your personal information to the owners of properties we manage. The owners may use your personal information for their own purposes and legal obligations and are therefore considered separate data controllers for multiple processes during your tenancy.
We may disclose your personal information to our advertising partners or to sponsors of events and promotions in which you have expressed interest or for which you have registered.
As explained above, except to the extent that Elysian uses third party cookies for advertising and website analytics which may be considered selling Personal Information within the context of CCPA, Elysian does not otherwise sell, rent or loan Personal Information of its visitors, users, customers, applicants, and partners.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
We may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation,
- To enforce our terms and conditions,
- To protect and defend our rights or property,
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of our employees, residents and other persons, including fraud protection and credit risk reduction,
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Elysian Websites and Elysian Services, and
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Elysian Websites and Elysian Services or the public.
Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business, or are involved in a bankruptcy, Elysian may transfer your information to the party or parties involved as part of that transaction.
How We Secure Your Information
Elysian is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information collected, used, stored, shared, or transferred as part of our services from access, loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction by any unauthorized party. Please understand, however, that no transmission of data over the internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse such as by maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information.
Elysian respects the privacy of children, and we are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (herein called “COPPA”). We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of sixteen (16). If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child under the age of 16 has provided us with personally identifiable information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personally identifiable information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to Other Websites
Internet Advertising and Third Parties
The Elysian Websites may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and applications. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, or services.
When visitors or users interact with the Elysian Websites and Elysian Services online, third parties may place cookies on your browser(s) for targeted advertising purposes. If you wish to opt-out of such targeted advertising, please adjust the cookie settings of your browser. Instructions can be found at https://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. You may opt out using the Digital Advertising Alliance’s WebChoices Tool at https://optout.aboutads.info/.
If you are a California resident, we are required to provide additional information concerning how we use and disclose your Personal Information. You may have additional rights regarding how we use your Personal Information. Elysian Living LLC CCPA Privacy Notice.
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, California Civil Code Section 1798.93 permits you to request a notice disclosing the categories of Personal Information we have shared with third parties, if any, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request to the contact information provided below. California law also permits residents of California to opt-out of Elysian’s disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request to the contact information provided below. When permitted by law, we may charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to your request. Please note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosure made for non-marketing purposes.
Notice to Non-U.S. Users
As the internet is a global environment, collecting and processing Personal Information may involve the transmission of this data internationally, including into and/or outside of the United States. Therefore, by communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to your personal data being processed in this way.
|By Mail:||Elysian Living LLC
10777 W Twain Ave
Las Vegas, Nevada 89135, USA