Interested in Summerlin, Las Vegas?
Summerlin is a master-planned community in the western part of Las Vegas, Nevada. It offers various activities, entertainment, and attractions for tourists and locals alike. Whether you're a fan of outdoor adventures, shopping, dining, arts, culture, or family-friendly fun, Summerlin has something for everyone.
It gets better.
We also included some insider tips to help you get exclusive insight on happy hour deals, hidden gems, and more! This guide will explore some of the best things to do in Summerlin, Las Vegas, to make your living experience enjoyable.
Check it out!
Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area is a must-visit destination for outdoor enthusiasts. This stunning natural area is just a few miles from Summerlin and offers hiking, rock climbing, and scenic drives. Here are some insider tips for visiting Red Rock Canyon:
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Red Rock Canyon is spring and fall when temperatures are mild. Summer months can be extremely hot, so plan accordingly.
- Recommended trails: Some popular hiking trails in Red Rock Canyon include Calico Tanks, Ice Box Canyon, and the Red Rock Canyon Overlook Trail.
- Unique features: Be sure to watch for the unique rock formations, including the Keystone Thrust, a geological fault that runs through the area.
Bear's Best Golf Club is a world-renowned golf course located in Summerlin. Designed by golf legend Jack Nicklaus, this course offers a challenging and enjoyable golfing experience. Here are some insider tips for playing at Bear's Best Golf Club:
- Best time to visit: The best time to play at Bear's Best Golf Club is in the fall and winter, when temperatures are mild, and the course is less crowded.
- Recommended holes: Hole 7, also known as "Bear's Best," is a challenging par-3 that requires a precise shot over a canyon. Hole 14, "Great White," is a par-5 that offers stunning views of the Las Vegas skyline.
- Unique features: Each hole at Bear's Best Golf Club is modeled after a famous hole from other courses around the world, making for a unique and diverse golfing experience.
The Summerlin Trail System is a network of over 150 miles of trails that wind throughout the community, offering stunning views of the surrounding mountains and natural landscapes. Here are some insider tips for exploring the Summerlin Trail System:
- Best time to visit: The best time to hike or bike the Summerlin trails is in the early morning or late afternoon to avoid the day's heat.
- Recommended trails: Some popular trails include the Cottonwood Canyon Trail, the Mesa Trail, and the North Tower Trail.
- Unique features: Look out for the abundant wildlife that calls the Summerlin Trail System home, including rabbits, coyotes, and various bird species. Additionally, many trails are designed with scenic overlooks and interpretive signs that offer insight into the local flora and fauna.
Shopping and Dining:
Downtown Summerlin: Downtown Summerlin is a premier shopping and dining destination in Summerlin. This outdoor shopping center features over 125 stores, including high-end retailers like Michael Kors, Louis Vuitton, and Tory Burch. In addition to shopping, Downtown Summerlin also offers entertainment options like a movie theater and outdoor concerts.
Tivoli Village: Tivoli Village is another popular shopping center in Summerlin. This European-style village features over 50 retailers, restaurants, cafes, and bars. With its charming architecture and beautiful landscaping, Tivoli Village is a great place to spend a leisurely afternoon shopping and dining.
Boca Park: Boca Park is a smaller shopping center in Summerlin, but it's still worth a visit. This outdoor mall features a mix of chain stores, local boutiques, restaurants, and bars. Boca Park is a great place to grab a bite to eat or shop on a budget.
Vintner Grill: This Mediterranean-inspired restaurant offers a relaxed atmosphere and a menu of fresh, seasonal dishes. The outdoor patio and lush garden make it a popular spot for al fresco dining.
Hearthstone Kitchen & Cellar: Hearthstone Kitchen & Cellar is a cozy restaurant in Tivoli Village serving American cuisine with a twist. This farm-to-table restaurant offers a unique dining experience, with dishes like wood-fired pizzas and roasted bone marrow.
Honey Salt: This farm-to-table restaurant serves seasonal cuisine using locally sourced ingredients. The menu features comfort food favorites with a gourmet twist, and the restaurant also offers a variety of vegetarian and gluten-free options.
Mastro's Ocean Club: This high-end seafood restaurant features an extensive menu of fresh fish, shellfish, steak, and other entrees. The upscale ambiance and ocean views make it a popular choice for special occasions.
- Happy hours: Many of the restaurants and bars in Summerlin offer happy hour specials, so be sure to check them out for deals on food and drinks.
- Hidden gems: If you're looking for something off the beaten path, check out local markets like the Fresh52 Farmers Market or the Downtown Summerlin Farmer's Market for fresh produce and unique crafts.
- Deals: Keep an eye out for deals and promotions from individual stores and restaurants and seasonal events like the annual Summerlin Art Festival.
Arts and Culture
Summerlin Library and Performing Arts Center: The Summerlin Library and Performing Arts Center is a state-of-the-art facility offering various cultural and educational events. This venue hosts concerts, lectures, art exhibitions, theater productions, and dance performances.
Las Vegas Arts District: The Las Vegas Arts District, also known as 18b, is a vibrant neighborhood in downtown Las Vegas, home to various galleries, studios, and theaters. This community promotes local art and culture and hosts monthly First Friday events where visitors can explore galleries and meet artists.
Nevada Ballet Theatre: The Nevada Ballet Theatre is a professional ballet company based in Summerlin. This company offers a range of performances throughout the year, including classics like The Nutcracker and contemporary works like A Choreographer's Showcase.
- Upcoming events: Keep an eye on the Summerlin Library and Performing Arts Center's calendar of events for upcoming performances and exhibitions. You can also check out the Las Vegas Review-Journal's entertainment section for information on upcoming events in Summerlin and beyond.
- Ticket prices: Ticket prices for cultural events in Summerlin can vary widely depending on the venue and performance. Some events are free, while others can be quite expensive. Look for student or senior discounts, or consider volunteering for a local arts organization to get free or discounted tickets.
- Behind-the-scenes experiences: Some venues in Summerlin offer behind-the-scenes experiences for visitors. For example, the Nevada Ballet Theatre offers pre-performance talks and backstage tours, while the Summerlin Library and Performing Arts Center occasionally hosts artist talks and workshops.
Discovery Children's Museum: The Discovery Children's Museum is a hands-on museum that features interactive exhibits on science, technology, engineering, and math. This museum is designed for kids of all ages and has a variety of exhibits that encourage learning and creativity.
Las Vegas Mini Gran Prix: The Las Vegas Mini Gran Prix is a family-friendly entertainment center with go-kart racing, arcade games, and a playground. This venue is great for kids who love racing and competition and has options for younger kids to enjoy.
Cowabunga Vegas: Cowabunga Vegas is a water park that offers a range of water slides, pools, and attractions for all ages. This park is a great way to cool off on a hot day and has options for thrill-seekers and those who prefer a more relaxed water experience.
- Age-appropriate activities: Some venues in Summerlin have age-specific areas or exhibits, so check the age ranges for each attraction before visiting. For example, the Discovery Children's Museum has areas for younger and older kids to enjoy.
- Special events: Many family-friendly venues in Summerlin host special events throughout the year, such as holiday celebrations, themed exhibits, and live performances. Keep an eye on each venue's calendar of events for upcoming specials.
- Budget-friendly options: Some venues in Summerlin offer discounts for local residents, military members, or groups. For example, Wet'n'Wild has discounted rates for Nevada residents and group rates for families and schools.
People Also Ask
- What famous people live in Summerlin?
Many famous people live in the Las Vegas area, including Summerlin. Some of the notable residents of Summerlin include retired professional golfer Tiger Woods, illusionist David Copperfield, and actress Jenny McCarthy.
- What does Summerlin have to offer?
Summerlin offers a range of activities and amenities, including outdoor recreation, shopping, dining, arts and culture, and family-friendly attractions. It is also known for its luxury homes and high-end lifestyle. Elysian at Tivoli and Elysian at Flamingo are some of the best luxury living options in the Summerlin area. If you’re interested in the nightlife, Summerlin is not far from the Las Vegas Strip. Check out some of the best clubs in Vegas to see what the nightlife has to offer!
- Which part of Summerlin is best?
The best part of Summerlin depends on your preferences and needs. Each village in Summerlin offers its own unique features and amenities, so it's best to explore each area and find the one that fits your lifestyle. If you’re interested in this beautiful neighborhood, check out the complete guide to living in Summerlin and see some apartments for rent in this area!
- Which is better, Summerlin or Henerson, Nevada?
Summerlin and Henderson are desirable areas to live in in the Las Vegas Valley, and each has its own strengths. Summerlin is known for its luxury homes, high-end shopping and dining, and outdoor recreation options. At the same time, Henderson offers a more suburban feel focusing on family-friendly amenities and events.
- Is Summerlin the rich part of Vegas?
Yes, Summerlin is often considered the affluent part of Las Vegas due to its upscale homes, shopping centers, and golf courses.
In conclusion, Summerlin has something for everyone, from outdoor adventures to shopping and dining, arts and culture, to family-friendly fun. With its beautiful natural surroundings, excellent weather, and safe community, Summerlin is a must-visit destination in Las Vegas.
Not sure if Summerlin is the best place for you?
Check out the various neighborhoods by checking out the best places to live in Las Vegas and the best luxury apartments in the area. If you need a bit more persuading, see these 8 reasons to move to Las Vegas and how walkable the entertainment capital is!