Downtown Las Vegas is making a comeback!
Downtown Las Vegas has been undergoing renovations for the past few years, with some of the trendiest bars, restaurants and boutiques popping up along Fremont, all within walking distance of Elysian Living’s newest property, Ely on Fremont.
Ideally located in the heart of Downtown Las Vegas, Ely on Fremont offers an unparalleled residential community immersed in art, culture, and entertainment. These exceptional apartment homes represent urban living at its best with refined aesthetics, luxury amenities, impressive views and ample opportunities to stay social, with some of the best coffee shops, bars and restaurants around town within walking distance. (Side note: Check out The Insider’s Guide to Moving to Las Vegas if you need a refresher on all the great benefits the city has to offer!).
By the end of this piece, Downtown Las Vegas will have probably captured your heart (and stomach), and you’ll be saying “when can I move in?” faster than you can say bar crawl. Happy reading!
Living Your Best Life in Downtown Las Vegas
Living in Downtown Las Vegas is for anyone that enjoys the urban lifestyle, being at the center of the action, loves being within walking distance from bars and restaurants, and who enjoys the feeling of city life. Downtown, Las Vegas has a walk score of 84, a bike score of 58, and a transit score of 63, meaning it’s highly accessible for those who don’t own a car or who simply want to walk to do their errands. And hey, when you go out on the weekend think of all the rideshare savings you’re going to have.
Best Hotel on Fremont Street
Fremont Street has so many old-school Vegas-style hotels, including El Cortez Hotel & Casino, The D Casino & Hotel, Golden Nugget, and the Fremont Hotel & Casino, but the newest neighbor on the block is Circa Resort & Casino which opened in 2021 and is a local hot spot. During the summer months, you can cool down and party all day long at Stadium Swim which features 6 pools, a 40-foot HD screen, and swim-up bars. At night, you can enjoy their rooftop cocktail bar Legacy Club which overlooks the city on Circa’s 60th floor.
If a weekend getaway is in your budget, why not make Ely on Fremont your home away from home? You get all the benefits of resort living, but you never have to leave!
Best Restaurants on Fremont Street
Fremont Street truly has some of the best bars and restaurants, and here’s a breakdown of what you can expect depending on what you’re craving:
- Le Thai
- “Le Thai showcases Chef Dan Coughlin’s famous 3 color curry (a blend of red, yellow and green curry’s), homemade Thai noodle soup and our always fresh signature Waterfall Sauce. Le Thai also offers a daily-weekly special board along with a traditional Thai menu inspired by Dan’s Thailand-born mom and grandma.”
- La Comida
- “La Comida is a Mexican restaurant with Mexican food and American rock. A sensory departure from reality with spice, sound, color and the warmth of tequila at the back of your throat. In the spirit of downtown Las Vegas, this venture takes a familiar favorite and twists it in unexpected and irreverent ways, as Jenna and Michael Morton are known to do, indulging both the simple taco lover and the mole connoisseur.”
- “Latin Inspired With Modern Interpretations. A glamorous desert oasis awash in vibrant desert hues, Peyote brings retro desert charm to Downtown Las Vegas within the eclectic Fergusons community of Fremont East. This unique haven is a harmonious mix of desert glam meets modern chic, creating a vibrant and colorful ambiance. It acts as a perfect paradise for guests to titillate their tastebuds with our lively libations and beckoning bites.”
- Evel Pie
- An Evel Kineval-themed pizza spot that truly has some of the best slices in Las Vegas (Pro tip: if you’re an Elysian Living member, you can take advantage of your exclusive member discount for those late-night pizza runs)
- Carson Kitchen
- Specializing in creative American cuisine and thoughtfully crafted cocktails, Carson Kitchen is a cornerstone of the Downtown Las Vegas dining scene. Carson Kitchen is built on a philosophy of reimagined comfort food prepared with approachable fine-dining ingredients. The restaurant opened in 2014, a partnership between chef and restaurateur Cory Harwell and his dear friend, the late Chef Kerry Simon. Designed to bring a carefully curated experience to our unique neighborhood, Carson Kitchen features a contemporary bar, open kitchen expo counter, community tables, and an outdoor rooftop and bar. Guests can also take in a cocktail and relax in the courtyard of our home in the repurposed mid-century John E. Carson Hotel.
- Vegas Test Kitchen
- Jolene Mannina, President of SecretBurger.com brings Las Vegas its first Test Kitchen. VTK was designed during the pandemic to build a home and be a creative outlet for the talented chefs in our community. VTK is a brick & mortar location in downtown Las Vegas, located next to Fergusons Downtown. We offer a variety of cuisines weekly from celebrated chefs testing new concepts. The Vegas Test Kitchen is a casual dining experience with a full bar. Don't be surprised if a chef is serving you food, this is the way.
Best Bars on Fremont Street
Fremont Street has some unique and quirky bars, and here’s a breakdown of what you can expect depending on what your overall vibe is:
- The Park on Fremont
- Creative drinks join pub bites & burgers in a taxidermy-rich setting with front & back patios.
- We All Scream
- An ice cream-themed nightclub - and yes, they serve ice cream!
- Airy, artful cocktail lounge offering live music & DJs, plus a rooftop patio & bar.
- Lucky Day
- A cozy 103-capacity, 3,000-square-foot bar stuffed to the brim with iconography, color, and an explosion of lights.
- Throwback, rock-&-roll-inspired bar sporting '70s-era decor to go with DJ music & cocktails.
- Atomic Liquors
- Las Vegas’ first free-standing bar from the 1950s.
- Laundry Room
- Dramatic, roomy haunt with a pre-prohibition era theme featuring vintage cocktails & a speakeasy.
- The Griffin
- Stone-faced bar with real fireplaces, an eclectic jukebox & dim back room featuring weekend DJs.
- Gold Spike
- Vibrant bar & nightlife venue featuring oversized games, live music & an outdoor courtyard.
Best Breakfast on Fremont Street
You'll need a great breakfast after a long night of bar hopping, so here are a few great spots in the area to help bring you back to life:
- PublicUs (pub-li-cus) is a canteen-style, neighborhood restaurant and coffee bar located in the Fremont East District of Downtown Las Vegas
- Modern counter offering coffee & oversized donuts in inventive flavors like mud pie & caramel latte. *Psstttt: make sure you get there early because they only make enough for the day and sell out quickly!
- Eat downtown good food for good people made with love
- Downtown Terrace
- Compact eatery within Container Park offering surf 'n' turf & views of the performance stage
Best Buffet on Fremont Street
To make it to some of the best buffets in Las Vegas, you’ll probably want to head a little closer to The Strip but don’t worry they’re worth the trek!
- The Wicked Spoon at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- We've taken a wicked twist on the traditional buffet, now offering a unique market dining experience unlike any other on The Las Vegas Strip. With its mix of top quality, familiar staples and imaginative seasonal dishes, this Las Vegas buffet satisfies cravings and invites discovery.
- Bacchanal Buffet at Caesar’s Palace
- At the newly renovated Bacchanal Buffet, you’ll explore dozens of cuisines and hundreds of perfectly prepared offerings from specialty chefs. With food prepared right in front of hotel guests and non-hotel guests alike in open kitchens, it’s like having your pick of nine high-end Las Vegas restaurants in one location.
- The Wynn Buffet at Wynn Las Vegas
- The Buffet at Wynn Las Vegas redefines the breakfast, brunch or dinner experience with a feast of options, including an all-new eggs Benedict station and a Latin Street Food station among the 16 tantalizing food kitchens designed by Executive Chef Jason Duarte. All the classics are here too, from butcher-inspired cuts to shrimp cocktail, sushi and more. The Buffet at Wynn Las Vegas will satisfy every craving.
Best Casino on Fremont Street
Fremont Street has the old Las Vegas charm, and its hotels and casinos have the same feel and are a great way to have that vintage experience. And if you’re looking for a casino with a great pool, The Golden Nugget’s pool is something your mermaid (or merman) dreams are made of, where you quite literally slide through a tube within an aquarium filled with sharks and fish alike! Not only that, but it also has table games with minimums as low as $10, so for those of you who want to make your money last longer The Golden Nugget is for you.
Best Steakhouse on Fremont Street
Unexpectedly, Fremont has a lot of well-known steakhouses that are perfect for a date night out including:
- Barry’s Downtown Prime at Circa Resort & Casino -
- Vintage glamour and hospitality meet modern innovation and design at Barry’s Downtown Prime, the new steakhouse concept from Make It Happen Hospitality, LLC. Barry’s Downtown Prime will deliver the city’s finest steaks and seafood, fresh tableside preparations, creative cocktails, and outstanding service.
- Oscar’s Steakhouse inside The Plaza -
- Named after former Las Vegas Mayor and mob attorney Oscar Goodman, Oscar’s is a glamorous and uniquely Las Vegas Steakhouse overlooking the lights of Fremont Street. Located inside the Plaza’s iconic glass dome, Oscar’s pays homage to the Vegas of yesteryear and has become a must-visit, only-in-Vegas dining destination thanks to its classic ambiance, memorabilia displays, handcrafted cocktails, including the former mayor’s signature martini, and a delicious menu of perfectly aged steaks, fresh seafood and made from scratch sides.
Other Fun Things to Do
- The Neon Museum
- Founded in 1996, The Neon Museum is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to collecting, preserving, studying, and exhibiting iconic Las Vegas signs for educational, historic, arts and cultural enrichment.
- The Mob Museum
- The Museum is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with a mission to advance the public understanding of organized crime's history and impact on American society.
- Downtown Container Park
- An open-air shopping center filled with boutique retail shops, unique restaurants, and live entertainment for the whole family – located in the heart of Las Vegas. From gourmet quick service dining at Downtown Terrace to award-winning cocktails from Oak & Ivy, there’s something for everyone. Kids will love the interactive playground featuring The Treehouse, and adults can relax while enjoying free concerts, movies, and more on the main stage.
- The Writer’s Block
- The writer’s block is a bookshop, coffee shop, young writers’ workshop and artificial bird sanctuary in Downtown Las Vegas.
Alright so clearly there isn’t a shortage of things to do in Downtown Las Vegas! It has something for everyone, whether you’re a foodie, a night owl, or a coffee connoisseur, and the best part is you can walk practically anywhere from your new home at Ely on Fremont. So, which floor plan is for you?!